Health and social care
We run 15 dedicated groups for members who need sector-specific support. Sector groups bring together recruiters with a common interest to lobby, champion best practice, and share knowledge.
Get the latest information affecting recruiters in health care, social care and social work, and meet other REC members in these sectors.
The sector group provides a forum to discuss public policy, market conditions, regulatory matters and wider issues in the health and social care arena. The group is committed to working with the NHS and DHSC to help deliver safe and effective care to patients, as well as addressing the resourcing challenges in areas like social care, domiciliary care and social work.
We actively campaign and lobby on behalf of members, and are taking forward the following priorities:
- Calling for a level playing field for all suppliers of health and social care staff to the NHS, and a market that is favourable to SMEs.
- Pushing for data on the true costs of operating NHS banks, and whether they are in fact a cost-effective solution.
- For caps and controls to be applied to NHS banks, in the same way that they are applied to NHS agency frameworks.
- Highlighting and promoting the expertise of specialist recruitment agencies in supporting the NHS, in driving compliance standards and in improving patient safety.
Benefits of joining
- Our membership includes over 450 recruitment agencies who supply clinical and non-clinical health and social care professionals to the NHS, as well as to local authorities.
- Lobbying and campaign activities that help your business, clients and candidates.
- Our diverse membership includes the NHS’s ten biggest staffing suppliers as well as hundreds of SMEs; what unites them is their commitment to robust compliance standards (as required through REC membership), and their dedication to providing 24/7 staffing solutions to the NHS and the wider sector.
- Regular networking meetings - make your voice heard
- Stay informed on the latest issues affecting the sector
- Stay informed and prepare for upcoming legislation changes
Join the Health and Social Care sector group
If you’re interested in joining the REC Health and Social Care sector group, contact your REC account manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7009 2100