We are looking for two members to join our Risk & Audit Committee
We take governance seriously and part of that includes how the REC is run. Our Risk and Audit Committee is all about excellence. This is a rare chance to join the committee and help us be the best membership organisation that we can be.
The REC Board
In 2020 members of the REC voted to approve REC Council recommendations on modernising how the REC is run. This included making space for a more diverse range of talent and experience, creating four new Non-Executive Director positions appointed from outside the recruitment industry.
The members of the board are:
Michelle Mellor, Chair, REC Board; Managing Director, Cummins Mellor - Connect with Michelle Mellor
Hannah Ahmed, Managing Director, HG Group - Connect with Hannah Ahmed
- Neil Carberry, Chief Executive, Recruitment and Employment Confederation - Connect with Neil Carberry
- Laura Clark, Managing Director, The OA Group - Connect with Laura Clark
- Clive Hutchings, Executive Director & Founder, STR Group - Connect with Clive Hutchings
- Sakhila Mirza, Executive Board Director and General Counsel, London Bullion Market Association - Connect with Sakhila Mirza
Dr. Gopa Nair, CEO - Leo and Mia Foundation & Group Head of CSR, XA Group - Connect with Dr Gopa Nair
- Simone Payne, CEO, 4myschools - Connect with Simone Payne
- Jane Rumble, Chief Executive, UKAD - Connect with Jane Rumble
- Sharon Seville, Director and Executive Head Hunter, First Executive Recruitment - Connect with Sharon Seville
- Jon Sibson, Non- executive director and trustee in the housing and educations sectors and was previously a partner of PwC LLP - Connect with Jon Sibson
Our board is guided by recommendations from five committees and the advisory council.
Remuneration and Appointments Committee
- The Remuneration and Appointments Committee oversees appointments, performance and remuneration policy in relation to the Board, non-executives and staff of the REC; it makes recommendations to the Board on these matters.
Audit and Risk Committee
- The role of the Audit and Risk Committee is to provide external advice and expertise to inform the REC management of risk and audit, providing advice to the management team.
- The Audit and Risk Committee is responsible for overseeing financial reporting process, audit process, risk management, internal controls and governance arrangements.
- REC members who serve on the Audit and Risk Committee carry the same responsibilities and are able to bring their sector perspective to the work of the Committee.
Professional Standards Committee
- The REC Board has delegated authority to the Professional Standards Committee (PSC) to consider complaints and evidence of non-compliance with respect of the REC Codes by any REC member.
- The PSC can also impose disciplinary sanctions against those investigated.
- The PSC has full power to investigate complaints against members in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
Find out more about making a complaint and the investigation process.
- The REC Advisory Council members bring valuable expertise, knowledge, and understanding of matters within their specialisms and regions.
- Their contributions are input into strategy, policy, and the future direction of the REC.
- The Advisory Council acts in an advisory role to the REC Board and the senior management team. Advisory Council members must be current members of the REC.
- Being a member of the Advisory Council is a rewarding experience, which gives individuals the opportunity to influence the direction of the REC.
- The REC Advisory Council meets three times a year in March, June and November, and the meetings take place in a workshop style format.
For more information and to get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Policy Committee
- The REC’s Employment Policy Committee is a forum for REC members to review government policy, its impact on recruitment businesses and inform the campaign priorities of the REC. Stakeholders from government and public policy are regularly invited to join meetings of this committee to present updates and hear feedback from members.
- Membership of the committee is only open to REC members.
- The committee meets quarterly, either in person or virtually.
For more information and to get involved as an REC member, please contact email@example.com
REC Articles of AssociationPDF
REC Members can download the full REC Articles of Association, covering the rules around membership and our governance structure.
The Articles were approved at the General Meeting 13 March 2023.