Featuring John Chaplin of EY as well as ADVANCE managing director Shaun Critchley, the podcast gives an overview of the changes and offers practical advice to recruitment businesses.
The podcast includes detailed commentary on the IR35 public sector legislation, including:
• A summary of the legislation relating to IR35 and off-payroll working in the public sector
• What we learned from the publication of the final legislation in the Finance Bill 2017
• Which party in the supply chain is responsible for what
• What recruitment agencies will need to do when a PSC contractor’s assignment is captured by IR35
• Initial thoughts on HMRC’s new online Employment Status Service (ESS) tool
• What do we mean by the public sector? Does it include quangos, wholly-owned government companies etc?
• The future of contracting in the public sector
• Alternative contracting solutions – umbrella employment and self-employment
Founded in 2010 and based in Chester, ADVANCE is the only provider with FCSA accreditation for umbrella, limited and self-employment solutions.
The company’s umbrella solution enables contractors who are not subject to supervision, direction or control to be reimbursed for variable mileage plus fixed subsistence, travel and accommodation expenses.