Prepare your recruitment business for IR35 with REC's virtual seminars
On 6 April 2021, IR35 rules in the private sector will definitely change.
The changes mean that the end user client will become responsible for deciding the status of an individual providing their services via an intermediary for tax purposes. It is no longer the individual’s responsibility.
From the roll out of these changes in the public sector, we’ve learnt all is not as simple as it first seems. Who exactly acts as the "end user client" can be open to interpretation, and the new rules pose new compliance and commercial challenges for recruiters.
The lesson is clear. With just seven months to go, businesses must prepare now. That includes understanding what clients are captured (or not), what roles are filled by PSCs, how clients will make their determinations, who is in the supply chain, what happens to pay and charge rates, how to report payments and what records to keep.
Over the coming months, the REC legal team will focus on helping you prepare for IR35 through:
Prepare for IR35 with REC's virtual seminars
Our virtual seminars will give you a practical understanding of what you need to do now ahead of the change next year - it is now confirmed in statute as this will be in place from April 2021. View the IR35 events calendar and book your spot today.
If you are not a member of the REC, you can attend the seminars at £125+VAT per delegate but you will not have access to our legal helpline or legal resources. To access the full package, contact us about joining the REC as a Corporate Member.
Members can book for £75+VAT per delegate - but get in touch with your account manager if you want to talk to us about group booking discounts.
REC virtual seminars
Our virtual IR35 seminars will give you a practical understanding of what you need to do now ahead of the change next year. You can choose to attend our generic or sector-specific seminars. Each seminar will cover:
- What clients the rules apply to
- Status Determination Statements (SDS) - what they are and what's reasonable care
- Who is the fee-payer and what their responsibilities are
- Disagreeing with the client's decision and how to manage this
- Knowing your liabilities
- Commercial and practical considerations for agencies
- Key client-focused activities
- System and process changes
- Changes to contracts and T&C's
- Supporting clients with IR35 assessments
Here is a list of our upcoming seminar dates. Get booking today!
- 16 September - All sectors
- 22 September - Drivers and logistics
- 29 September - Construction
- 6 October - Life Sciences
- 7 October - Oil, gas, and energy (including nuclear, wind)
- 21 October - IT, engineering, manufacturing (including automotive)
- 4 November - All sectors
- 17 November - All sectors
- 1 December - All sectors
IR35 hub - your one-stop-shop for IR35 updates and guidance
What does IR35 mean for my recruitment business? Where do I find the latest updates and announcements from the government? How do I help my clients with the right support? You'll find all the answers under our dedicated IR35 hub.
Share this article