The REC is looking for a new member to join the PSC. You will have extensive experience of:
- running a recruitment agency that is a REC Corporate Member or
- working at a senior level within a REC Corporate Member agency (by the time of any appointment, you must be working for a REC full Corporate Member, who has passed the REC’s Compliance Test)
- you are committed to the highest standards of conduct and compliance and should be able to demonstrate your involvement in promoting and implementing best practice in the operation of a recruitment business
- proven experience of operating disciplinary processes or some form of compliance process would be advantageous
- we would also particularly welcome any applicants with a knowledge of the health and social care sector
The PSC membership consists of key stakeholder representatives from the CBI and the TUC as well as REC members. As a member of the PSC, you will be willing to attend quarterly meetings held at the REC office in London (usually March, June, September, and December), subject to there being any complaints for it to deal with. This will require spending time outside of meetings reviewing case papers. The PSC decisions are independent of the REC Board and may be appealed to a specially formed committee of REC Fellows.
We are keen to attract applicants who are committed to upholding the standards of the recruitment sector. You will be working with positive and rigorous committee members, and it will be an opportunity to extend your understanding and networks across the recruitment industry.
To see a list of the competencies that have been identified for this role, please click here
If you are interested in being a part of the PSC, please complete the online application form and send a full CV, with a covering letter, (one page of A4) demonstrating how you meet the specific requirements of this role as outlined above and explaining why you would like to be part of the PSC to email@example.com by
5pm on Monday 9 May 2022.
Interviews will be held on Monday 13 June 2022 with the successful applicant attending an Induction Day on Thursday 22 September comprising of training in the morning and observing the PSC meeting in the afternoon.
REC has a recently established a Remuneration and Appointments Committee which is overseeing the recruitment process of all Board and Committee vacancies and interviews for this position will be conducted by members of the committee.
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive place to work where we can all be ourselves. We encourage applications from members of marginalised groups, in particular people who identify as Black, Asian or come from a minority ethnic background, who are currently underrepresented in our governance networks.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the PSC prior to submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Standards Committee Member - Information Pack
The REC Board has delegated authority to the Professional Standards Committee (PSC) to consider complaints and evidence of non-compliance in respect of the REC codes, by any REC member. If you would like to join the team, here is the information pack.