REC2020 Preview: Diversity and inclusion + employee well-being
REC’s first virtual conference REC2020 is only a few weeks away and team REC is putting together the final touches on the state-of-the-art platform where REC2020 will take place.
This virtual platform is designed to make your experience seamless on the day and this means you can:
- learn and consume content at your pace
- network with your peers and build new connections (you can create your own profile within the platform)
- revisit the bitesize learning and case study sessions whenever you want on the day
- take part in the Q&As and get involved in interactive discussions.
Over 700 recruitment professionals, in-house recruiters and HR professionals have already signed up and we are working with our elite line-up of speakers to bring you top-notch content and business lessons to prepare you and your business for the future.
Our series of REC2020 Preview blogs will help you shape your own itinerary for the conference. See what we have planned on the day around technology, productivity and workplace and employer branding and candidate experience. This Preview blog will focus on our top sessions on diversity and inclusion, and employee well-being.
Diversity and inclusion and employee well-being are two themes that extends across the entire REC2020 agenda, so you’ll definitely stumble on new ideas and experiences surrounding these on the day. However, to make it easier for you to personalise your agenda, we’ve split these into two categories – live sessions and pre-recorded sessions.
Building your workforce - forget culture fit, focus on culture impact
[Breakout session, from 12:45pm onwards]
With an explosion of talent predicted to be available, building and maintaining sustainable talent pipelines may seem a breeze. But accessing a wider talent pool calls for some radical thinking in how we source and engage multiple types of talent, including the often-overlooked candidate experience (CX) and the role it plays.
In this interactive session our panel will explore and provide insights into:
Attracting a diverse talent pool
- How to ensure messaging is authentic and matches the employee experience and reflects your target audience
- Review roles: what are the business needs?
- What does a great application process look like?
- How do you attract passive candidates?
- How do you attract for impact?
Recruiting a diverse talent pool
- Upskilling and partnering with hiring managers - what's worked?
- Interviewing and feedback - what are the pitfalls?
- Diversity and inclusion - how do you incorporate this into every process?
- How do you measure effective candidate experience?
- Gathering candidate feedback - why and what do you do with it?
- Onboarding - why it matters and what does great look like?
- How do you measure success?
- Ali Hannan, Founder & CEO, Creative Equals
- Ali Miller, Successful Candidates
- Adrian Wightman, Resourcing Lead, Severn Trent
John Franklin-Hackett, Founder and Chief Game Changer, Franklin-Hackett
Steve Bernard, Founder, Connectwell
Shaping a future-fit employer brand strategy - why your purpose matters
[Breakout session, from 12:45pm onwards]
The impact of coronavirus has dramatically changed the world we live in, economies and labour markets have been hit hard. The result is fewer vacancies, with many companies struggling to survive and retain their key talent. It would be understandable if companies moved Employer Brand down the agenda. But is this the sensible thing to do? Attraction, recruitment, and retention are not the only focus for employer brand, it’s also about engagement with your existing talent and the wider community.
This session will seek to answer:
- How do you ensure that your brand messages reflect the key issues affecting your target audience?
- How do you ensure your current talent lives and breathes your brand so you can remain attractive and convert any ‘engagements’ into potential future talent for your business?
- What lessons can employer brand practitioners take from previous crises?
- How do you collaborate with marketing and ensure it is in line with corporate brand?
- How do you upskill a recruitment team on brand and develop "brand ambassadors"?
- What technology do you use?
- What metrics do you use to demonstrate ROI when it is not at the top of the CEO's agenda?
Join this interactive breakout session where our panel will provide practical insights, hints & tips into these questions.
- Nick Thompson, Global Employer Brand Manager, IBM
- James Osborne, Chairman, The Recruitment Network
- Matt Hamnett, Founder, MH+A
- Paul Sharpe, Co-founder / Director
- Nick Phipps, Growth Strategist, Rawnet
Pre-recorded content to watch and learn at your own pace
One of the key features of REC2020 is that it offers you the flexibility to learn at your own pace.
Our pre-recorded sessions which ranges from case studies to bitesize learning videos will be
available to you throughout the day and you can revisit those anytime you want.
Running a company with kindness at its heart
[Case Study featuring The Recruitment Network]
James Osborne, Chairman of The Recruitment Network speaks to Sarah Gaughan, Chief Operating Officer of Finlay James and John Gaughan, CEO of Finlay James on what good looks like in recruitment.
Why the human factor wins
[Bitesize learning – there are two sessions on the day and you can watch these whenever you want on the day]
COVID-19 has changed the way that we do business. We’ve embraced new ways of working. Diversity and inclusion, mental health and well-being were brought to the spotlight but technology sat at the core of how many businesses quickly adapted to these changes. How do we know what to automate and where to keep the human touch? This 20-minute bitesize learning video will leave you inspired with new ideas on why human-to-human interaction will always beat technology.
Book your spot for REC2020
REC2020 is a conference for all - recruiters, recruitment leaders, in-house recruiters, HR professionals, and aspiring recruitment business owners. Join us on 8 September 2020 from wherever you are. Book your free spot today.
Share this article