Victim Support is the leading independent victims’ charity in England and Wales. Our purpose is to help and empower people affected by crime and traumatic incidents to move beyond crime and recover to the point where they feel they are back on track with their lives.
We are independent of the police and local authorities but work with them, the whole of the criminal justice system and other relevant bodies to improve services for victims and provide much needed support.
- VS provide free, confidential emotional support and practical help.
- Provide specialist support services for people affected by domestic abuse; sexual violence; child sexual exploitation; hate crime; terrorism; homicide; antisocial behaviour; and fraud.
- Work with academia, government, local authorities and other specialist organisations and charities at home and abroad, to provide support and improve services.
- Champion victims’ rights and issues locally and nationally, working closely with policy-makers, commissioners, the criminal justice system, local government and other providers, partners and organisations.
- Work in partnership with VS Scotland and VS Northern Ireland on UK-wide issues and internationally with VS Europe and Voices of Crime International to ensure we learn from best practice and support victims who cross borders.
For more information on Victim Support and the roles they recruit for, click here.