Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. Our challenge, alongside people with a learning disability and their families, is to make this world a reality.
Right now, people with a learning disability face inequalities in every area of life. We need to tackle the issues head on through tireless campaigning and the delivery of high quality support and services to the people who need us.
Mencap’s mission is to transform society’s attitudes to learning disability and improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability and their families. Our big plan is divided into five priorities. These are the areas of life we want to have the biggest impact on, the areas where there is the most need to see change for the better:
* Raising awareness and changing attitudes
* Making a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now
* Supporting friendships and relationships
* Improving health for people with a learning disability
* Giving children the best start in life.
For more information on Mencap and the roles they recruit for, click here.