REC/IRP - The Week Ahead
Great news last week, with confirmation that we had won the 'Trade Association of the Year' award. Always nice to get recognition from peers - in this case other professional bodies and business organisations. The increasing external recognition is down to the active input and engagement of REC and IRP members as well as to the hard work and dedication of REC staff.
On the policy front, we got some excellent feedback from the latest pensions workshop. Attendees at these events - which include the participation of the official pensions regulator - are asking increasingly detailed and complex questions. This is a good sign that REC members are increasingly up to speed with the general principles and are focusing on practical implementation issues.
Last week’s meeting of REC Technology and REC Life Sciences provided the latest update on market trends and recent developments in these sectors. On AWR, the feedback from both sector and regional meeting over the last months have confirmed that things seem to be bedding down and that most agencies are simply getting on with things. At the same time, there is still a need to educate clients and candidates.
Looking ahead, the main REC activities and external developments over the coming week are as follows:
Monday 2nd July
• Enterprise Minister Mark Prisk discusses growth and green construction at a construction summit held at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Feedback from the event will be made available to members of REC Construction.
Tuesday 3rd July
• Publication of latest REC Training Calendar
• Interim Management Association (IMA) - Panel session
Wednesday 4th July
• REC giving evidence to the House of Commons Work and Pensions Select Committee on youth unemployment
• ‘Ask the Experts’ – REC webinar for members
• General meeting of REC Education, Birmingham
• Meeting with Ciett PR advisors re next steps in global awareness raising campaign
Thursday 5th July
• Kevin Green speaking at Recruitment International’s World Leaders Conference
• Meeting with the Greater London Authority (GLA) on promoting best practice in recruitment and employment in the hospitality sector.
• General meeting of REC Childcare. London
Friday 6th July
• Feedback from REC’s Select Committee appearance