- You are here:
- > Recruitment Industry
The REC's mission is to be recognised as the informed choice of the recruitment community, influencing government and business today for the benefit of members and the employment market of tomorrow.
We do this through offering a broad range of services (left), aimed at informing, guiding and educating our members and the public about the recruitment industry.
Current statistics relating to the recruitment industry include:
- Turnover in temporary/contract staffing has returned to 2006/2007 levels at £22 billion compared to its low point last year of £17.8 billion, a rise of 24.1 per cent
- Permanent recruitment also rallied to reach £2.5 billion in the past year, a massive 37 per cent increase on £1.8 billion recorded in 2009/10
- Volumes of perms placements rose by 38.3 per cent from 436,822 last year to 604,193 in 2010/11 while temp placements were up 19.3 per cent and top the million mark again at 1,049, 333 compared to 879, 000 last year
- The number of people working in recruitment has gone up 13.1 per cent from 80,528 last year to 91,114 this year
- The REC’s Medium Term Forecast predicts the recruitment industry’s annual growth at 3.6 per cent next year (2011/12) followed by 4.7 per cent in 2012/13, rising to 7.1 per cent for 2013/14 and 7.3 per cent in 2014/15. This represents a return to single figure growth over the next four years to reach a new peak of £30.8 billion in 2014/15.
Source: The REC Annual Recruitment Industry Trends 2010/11.
The Industry Research Unit provides information to support recruiters in running their businesses. The research also helps industry commentators to better understand the social and economic value of recruitment.
Policy Issues and Campaigns
The REC campaigns nationally and in Europe to protect and promote the interests of the UK’s recruitment industry.
The REC is committed to ensuring our members reach high and professional standards.
The REC operates twelve specialist groups representing some of the key niche markets within the recruitment industry.
A Career in Recruitment
A helpful guide to those interested in a career in recruitment
Diversity Pledge Holders
A comprehensive list of all members who have signed up to the Diversity Pledge
Diversity Assured Recruitment
The Diversity Assured scheme shows our members commitment to providing their clients with the best possible candidates through showing they are recruiting as widely as possible.