GDPR Seminar- Are you ready for the new EU Regulation?
Please note this event is now fully subscribed, to be placed on the waiting list please contact us or call 0207 0092100.
Coming into effect on 25 May 2018, GDPR will introduce a number of new data protection obligations for organisations and new rights for individuals. It’s essential your company gets to grips with the changes and starts preparing now.
What does it mean for recruiters?
These new rules will have a significant impact on how recruiters process data. Individuals will gain:
- the right to withdraw consent for the processing of their data
- the right to be notified of a data breach
- the right to know how their data will be used
- the right to transfer their personal data to another provider
- the “right to be forgotten”, i.e., for all their personal details to be deleted.
It’s business critical to know how GDPR will affect your company - and what measures you need to take to ensure compliance and avoid penalties and fines. Our workshops will walk you through everything you need to know.
What will the workshops cover?
- An overview of GDPR and what’s changing
- An understanding of key definitions and scope, for example:
- The definition of personal data under new legislation
- How these changes affect data processing
- Consent – what is consent, when it is necessary to obtain it and how to get consent
- Other legal bases for processing data e.g. “legitimate interests”
- The rights of individual data subjects
- Records of processing and database
- Data processors and their obligations
- How you engage with others in the supply chain e.g. vendors and umbrella companies
- Data Protection Officers – do you need one? Their role, accountability and liability
- Penalties for non-compliance with the GDPR.
You’ll walk away from our workshop with a clear practical understanding of what you need to do to prepare your business and staff for GDPR.
Members - £99+VAT - Please use the 'book now' button to pay for your place online.
Non-Members - £249+VAT please contact REC Team on 0207 009 2100 to book and pay for your place.
|Start: 16th Jan 2018 - 08:30
End: 16th Jan 2018 - 13:00
|REC, 1st Floor Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NT