Who we are
JMW Solicitors LLP is a leading commercial law firm focused on providing a comprehensive range of legal services combined with practical and commercial advice.
Our Employment team is recognised nationally by the independent legal guide Legal 500 as a true specialist in its field. Paul Chamberlain, Simon Bloch, Emma James and other members of our specialist recruitment sector team have in depth expertise and knowledge of the industry, having provided advice and support to it for many years. We have an excellent track record and reputation for anticipating problems and finding solutions quickly and efficiently. Find out more about JMW Solicitors..
What we do
JMW can assist you in tackling the challenges faced by your business in the most cost-effective way. These include:
- Commercial: advising in connection with drafting terms of business, terms of engagement, neutral/master vendor agreements and service level agreements.
- Litigation: injunctions and claims for damages/account of profit in connection with breach of express and implied duties by directors/employees and breach of restrictive covenants. County/High Court claims in connection with breach of terms, including ‘transfer fees’ and non-payment of invoices.
- Corporate and tax: advising in relation to the acquisition and disposal of recruitment businesses, IR35 compliance, as well as providing tax advice in relation to the treatment of intermediaries and agencies.
- Employment: advising and providing training on employment status issues, redundancy, changing terms of employment, the Agency Workers’ Regulations, GLAA matters, the Working Time Regulations and industry-specific regulatory compliance matters. Representation of clients in the Employment Tribunal and the provision of general HR support.
- Property: connected property transactions arising from the acquisition/disposal of a recruitment business and dealing with the routine property requirements of a trading agency.
- Private Client: expert legal services to individuals in relation to wills, estate planning and family/matrimonial matters.
- Immigration: advising businesses on bringing overseas nationals into the UK to work. Assisting individuals with visa applications and immigration issues.
If you need legal assistance with any legal matter affecting your recruitment business, contact our expert solicitors today:
Paul Chamberlain - 0161 838 2762
Simon Bloch – 0161 838 2628
Emma James – 0161 507 1021
Enquiries0161 838 2762
Discounted rates: JMW is offering discounted rates to REC members on all advice. The precise level of the discount is dependent on the nature of the work you ask us to undertake.
Fixed prices and capped fees: JMW can offer fixed and capped fee type pricing for some types of work, including Employment Tribunal claims and reviewing and amending contractual terms, as well as for some corporate and property transactions.
Free telephone advice line: Members can call JMW via the REC’s free telephone advice line for an initial no obligation advice call*.
FCA Test Case: Download the case bulletin
High Court signals good news for holders of business interruption insurance and creditors of distressed businesses. In its decision in the matter of The Financial Conduct Authority v. Arch and Others, the High Court has provided some welcome news for businesses who have suffered disruption as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the government response thereto.
Being a member of the REC means being amongst the best.
Representing a network of more than 3,300 recruitment businesses and 10,500 individual recruiters gives us a unique insight that can help you grow.