Who we are
Brabners are a leading independent law firm providing accessible legal advice to businesses and entrepreneurs throughout the UK.
The recruitment team at Brabners work with businesses of all sizes helping them to successfully navigate the legal issues which arise. They are specialists in the recruitment sector and understand the unique challenges which recruitment businesses face.
What we do
Our team works with recruitment clients to build long term relationships supporting them throughout their business journey from start up, growth through to realising their investments.
- Regulatory: GLAA, NMW and Employment Agency Standard Inspectorate issues
- Gig Economy: experts in dealing with the legal issues in respect of IR35 and status disputes and determinations generally including compliance audits and advice
- Employment: Employment Tribunal claims, status disputes, contract claims, employment documents including commission structures and director service agreements, TUPE
- Commercial: contracts with clients, workers, contractors, intermediaries, master/neutral vendor supply agreements, service agreements and statements of work
- Corporate: business structures, shareholders agreements, share options, employee ownership trusts international expansion, business purchases and sales
- Immigration: Sponsorship, Brexit and Right to Work checks
- Property: purchasing or leasing business premises, purchase of investment property
- Litigation: enforcing post-termination restrictions, injunctions, disputes with clients including transfer fees, director and shareholder disputes
- GDPR: advice on privacy and cybersecurity, ICO issues and subject access requests
- Debt Recovery: back door hires and value for money fee recovery.
Find out more about Brabners.
Discounted Rates – applicable on all services provided to REC members. The amount of the discount depends on the nature of the work required.
Fixed and Capped Fees – fees can be capped or fixed for certain types of work including Employment Tribunals, Property, Commercial and Corporate Transactions. We work with many insurers to support recruitment businesses so if an REC member has insurance cover for legal claims we can assist REC members in ensuring they get sector specialist legal support using their insurance cover.
Brexit Checklist for the Recruitment sector
Recruitment businesses will need to make sure they are compliant with their legal obligations to prevent illegal working, by having in place robust right to work checking processes and a strategic plan to address illegal working if it arises. To help you navigate these changes, Brabners have prepared a checklist of the key questions you need to address right now.