Engineering and Technical
The Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) Engineering and Technical sector group provides specialist support and advice to recruitment agencies working in an array of areas including Oil and Gas, automotive, civil, mechanical and chemical engineering.
As the government seeks to restore economic growth and rebalance the UK economy, the Engineering sector plays a vital role in stimulating productivity and job creation.
With over 700 hundred members, the REC Engineering & Technical sector group forms a strong voice in representing the needs and interests of the engineering recruitment community to government and key stakeholders. The REC regularly publishes labour market research and blogs on issues and developments important to the engineering sector.
The REC Engineering Sector Charter- we aim to:
- Position REC Engineering at the forefront of the skills debate with government and employers, focusing on issues such as gender diversity, take up of STEM in schools and overseas candidates .
- Promote the REC's Good Recruitment Campaign to employers in engineering.
- Support and inform the Engineering Sector on areas of interest to the recruitment industry, such as regulations, immigration and tax.
- Provide practical support on issues such as candidate management, agency brand and customer service whilst monitoring developments that may have implications for engineering recruiters.
- Build on existing links with external organisations actively involved with engineering to address candidate shortages and develop new initiatives.
- Use REC and external data to inform the sector of latest market trends in the UK and overseas.
Join the REC Engineering and Technical sector group:
If you are interested in joining the REC Engineering and Technical sector group, contact your REC Account Manager by calling 0207 009 2100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.