What we cannot deal with
The areas detailed below fall outside the remit of the REC’s Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure:
- We cannot deal with anonymous complaints
- We cannot deal with matters of compensation
- We cannot make an agency or an individual apologise
- We cannot investigate the conduct of an agency that is not a member of the REC
- We cannot offer legal advice
- We cannot intervene in disputes of a legal nature
- We cannot intervene in disputes of a commercial nature
- We cannot intervene in disputes driven by competition
- We cannot get involved in contractual disputes where there are ongoing or imminent legal proceedings
- We cannot investigate complaints under the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (AWR) or AWR (NI) 2011.
- We cannot decide disputes between members and their employees or employers
- We cannot instigate our procedure whilst any legal, tribunal or court action is ongoing or unresolved. Please refer to the legal factsheet for further details.
- We cannot suspend or expel a member; this decision can only be made by the Professional Standards Committee.