As the professional body for recruitment we’re determined to make businesses more successful by helping them secure the people they need. As the voice of the industry, we campaign on behalf of the UK’s recruitment industry and represents recruiters’ views at the highest levels of government.
This work is focused around three key strands:
- Creating the right economic climate – we want to see taxation which is fit for purpose and encourages investment and job creation. In the public sector, efficiencies and savings must be delivered without reducing service to the public.
- Removing barriers to growth - businesses can drive growth and create employment if the regulatory environment is supportive. The government must remove barriers to growth by simplifying regulation and by championing the UK’s flexible labour market.
- Delivering opportunity and jobs - our labour market is open, dynamic and flexible which provides our economy with an international advantage. We must nurture this by building a highly skilled workforce and by harnessing the contribution of recruitment professionals in providing guidance for jobseekers.
Together we can build the best jobs market in the world
1. giving everyone the chance to succeed through work
2. accelerating business growth and job creation through skills;
3. building the best local jobs market through partnerships and SME access;
4. enhancing our position in the global marketplace.
The REC's manifesto for jobsRead more about the REC’s manifesto for jobs: Let's build the best jobs market in the world.
Read more about the REC’s Expert View: A collection of essays on building the best jobs market in the world.
Our key campaigns in 2017
In 2016-17, we are focusing on the following key campaigns.