How we represent the recruitment industry
We campaign on behalf of the UK’s recruitment industry and represents recruiters’ views at the highest levels of government.
Nurturing a dynamic and agile twenty-first-century jobs market is at the core of our work. This will provide opportunities for individuals to progress through good work and will drive business growth through skills and productivity.
We are calling for the government to work with us to make great work happen
In this manifesto, we set out four key priority areas for the new government.
1. Ensure that good work and flexibility go hand-in-hand
- Protect two-way flexibility that benefits both workers and businesses
- Unlock progression for almost a million people by broadening the Apprenticeship Levy to work for flexible staff
2. Harness brilliant recruitment to drive productivity and inclusive growth
- Put people at the heart of the Industrial Strategy
- Create a ‘Good Recruitment Taskforce’ to support better hiring by businesses
3. Create the environment for great businesses to thrive
- Only implement IR35 and other regulatory changes when it’s clear the policy can be effectively delivered
- Improve the enforcement of existing regulations through better co-ordination between government bodies
- Introduce a two-year temporary work route to help build an immigration policy that works for business, workers and the economy
- Use public procurement to drive standards - value and learn the lessons from Carillion
4. Take the lead on the future of jobs
- Ensure that regulations keep pace with technological change to protect workers
- Tap into the expertise of recruitment professionals to pre-empt disruption and facilitate career transitions
Our campaigns support your business through legislative changes