Help shape our future – taking the REC forward
The REC has a strong vision and strategy which was developed at the end of 2008 to cover the four year period from 2009-2012. This has provided a great source of clarity for staff and members; it defines our purpose and what we focus on. It guides the development of yearly business plans and work programmes.
Throughout this year we are developing the next four year vision and strategy to guide the REC through 2013-2017 and beyond. We have sought out member feedback already via discussions at meetings, webinars and in-depth qualitative interviews carried out earlier this year, and so far you have provided us with some really useful insights. For instance, members tell us that:
• external accreditation is the major reason for joining the REC
• the legal helpline and terms of business is a major reason to stay a member
• REC members feel that they get more value the more they are engaged with the REC
• the perception is that the REC is doing a good job on behalf of its members and the industry
• awareness by members of the REC paid for services is still poor
• members want a more tailored offering based on their size and the sector they operate in.
We really need your input on what you want to see from the REC, your professional body, over the next four years. If you haven’t contributed already there are still several ways in which you can participate in shaping our future:
As always, you can keep up to date with the latest from me on Twitter @kevingreenrec or you can follow the REC via @RECPress.