REC/IRP - The week ahead
Plenty of sectoral activity over the last week. REC Technology hosted their summer dinner (which included an introductory presentation by Microsoft), REC Office Professionals Executive provided interesting feedback on latest market trends in the sector and REC Healthcare met with the Government Procurement Service (GPS) to discuss latest NHS Frameworks. Feedback on all developments will be provided via REC Sector Groups.
In other news, the REC compliance test for new members went live earlier this month and has had its first successful 'passes'. Last week also saw strong press coverage - including live interviews on BBC News and LBC Radio as well as pieces in the Guardian, Telegraph and London Evening Standard.
Looking ahead, the coming week sees the publication of the monthly JobsOutlook survey as well as the latest AWR Monitor. Our 'Ask the Experts' workshops on driving business growth are just about sold out and key external meetings include the latest gathering of the IR35 Forum and discussions with Care.com.
In summary, REC and IRP activities and key external announcements over the coming week include:
Monday 23rd July
- IR35 Forum - REC taking forward views of specialist recruiters, in particular members of REC Technology and Interim Management Association (IMA)
- Publication of CBI/Harvey Nash quarterly employment trends survey
Tuesday 24th July
- REC meeting with Care.com. Feedback will be circulated to members of REC Healthcare
- Publication of latest REC JobsOutlook
- Pensions reform - REC meeting with pensions provider NEST
- REC meeting with the 'Small Business Consultancy' re youth employment and recruitment challenges for SMEs
- CBI publishes quarterly industrial trends survey
- ONS publishes latest GDP figures
Thursday 26th July
- Policy update e-news (all REC corporate members)
- REC 'Ask the Experts' workshop on driving business growth, Manchester
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills publishes results of business survey
Friday 27th July
- AWR Monitor - Latest overview of REC data and member feedback
- REC 'Ask the Experts' workshop on driving business growth, Birmingham