REC / IRP - The week ahead
Plenty on the agenda this week, with Minister meetings, member gatherings and a big push on sectoral activities – in particular in the healthcare and childcare sectors and through the work of the Interim Management Association (IMA).
Last week’s policy work took on an EU dimension with the REC attending the latest Eurociett Public Affairs Committee in Brussels. Discussions focused on how the Agency Workers Directive is being implemented in different EU countries as well as on the review of the EU Posting of Workers Directive and the Commission's new employment strategy. Eurociett briefings on these areas can be made available to REC members.
The meeting in Brussels also provided some excellent feedback on the CIETT 2012 World Employment Conference that we hosted in London last month. A summary of some of the key messages from the event is at: http://www.rec.uk.com/press/news/2132
Last week also saw the latest meeting of the REC’s Flexible Work Commission and discussions with client organisations on how the AWR is impacting on the use of temporary staff. A major priority over the coming months is to continue actively promoting the benefits of flexible staffing arrangements and the positive role that recruiters play in delivering this flexibility.
Main REC activities and external developments over the coming week are as follows:
Monday 18th June
- REC at round-table meeting with Employment Minister Chris Grayling
- Briefing session with trade associations and employer bodies on latest employment trends
- REC co-hosting round-table meeting with PCG (the Voice of Freelancers) on taxation issues for contractors
Tuesday 19th June
- Interim Management Association (IMA) – Executive committee meeting
- NHS Employers - National Agency and Temporary Staffing Strategic Forum, in Leeds. REC Healthcare invited to take part.
- The Federation of Small Business (FSB) publishes‘Voice of Small Business’ quarterly index
- The Work Foundation publishes a report on long-term youth unemployment.
Wednesday 20th June
- Office of National Statistics (ONS) publishes latest employment figures released
- NHS Confederation annual conference – REC to monitor key messages on workforce planning
Thursday 21st June
- REC ‘In The Round’, Belfast
- Irish News Recruitment Awards
- European Commission ‘Jobs Mobility Lab’ meeting, Brussels
Friday 22nd June
- Meeting with BAPN (British Association of Professional Nannies) to discuss possible joint-campaign with REC Childcare Sector Group
- Meeting with Locumpod on new technology solutions within the NHS