2010 Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP) Awards now open
The REC has announced that applications for the 2010 IRP Awards can be made from today (Tuesday April 27).
The REC is committed to celebrating excellence in recruitment and is seeking as many examples of best practice as possible.
The IRP Awards, now in their second year, have 16 awards up for grabs that recognise the achievements of both individual recruiters and recruitment businesses.
The awards will salute the companies for whom IRP members work and who demonstrate that they are committed to professionalising the industry, supporting standards and investing in the personal and professional development of their people.
Commenting on the launch of the 2010 IRP awards, Kevin Green, the REC’s Chief Executive, said:
“The awards are the perfect way to demonstrate that our industry is investing in our only appreciating asset - its people. The focus of these awards is to recognise and honour the achievements of individual recruiters and we are keen for as many recruiters to enter as possible. We need positive role models who demonstrate excellence and make a difference every day to their candidates and clients.”
Kevin Green added: “It has been a very challenging year for recruitment. This is a chance for the whole industry to come together to show what excellence looks like and celebrate both individual and corporate success.”
The award categories this year are:
- Best Newcomer of the Year
- Permanent Consultant of the Year
- Temporary Consultant of the Year
- Business Manager of the Year
- Business Leader of the Year
- The Eileen Simpson Award for Outstanding Contribution
- Best Contribution to the Community
- Best Candidate and Client Experience of the Year
- Resourcing Manager of the Year
- Interim Recruiter of the Year
- Executive Recruiter of the Year
- Best People Development Business Award
- Best small/medium Recruitment company to work for (less than 100 employees)
- Best large Recruitment company to work for ( more than 100 employees)
- Recruiter of the Year - Judges Choice
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Judges Choice
The awards are open to all IRP members and the companies for whom they work. Closing date for entries will be Wednesday June 30 with the shortlist announced on Friday July 23.
All the shortlisted entries will be invited to attend the awards dinner taking place at The Brewery, Chiswell Street, London EC1, on Wednesday October 20.
For full details on the awards and to submit entries for nominations, please visit the website, http://www.rec-awards.com/