INTRODUCTION TO RECRUITMENT PRACTICE
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
- 29-30 May (London)
- 18-19 June (Edinburgh)
- 09-10 July (London)
- 04-05 September (Manchester)
- 17-18 September (Bristol)
- 01-02 October (London)
- 30-31 October (Birmingham)
- 13-14 November (Leeds)
- 19-20 November (London)
Duration: Two days
Time scale: 9.00 - 5.30
Cost (Excluding VAT): £595 (members) - £825 (non-members)
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course the individual will be able to:
- Understand the tasks involved with running a profitable recruitment desk.
- Establish and develop the qualities of a successful recruiter.
- Proactively demonstrate the benefits of using a recruiter throughout the recruitment process.
- Understand specific legislation that affects the recruitment industry and be able to avoid unnecessary legal pitfalls.
- Build profitable client relationships by defining, planning and structuring a successful sales call.
- Sell credible recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates.
- Attract, qualify and successfully interview quality candidates.
- Focuses on the behaviours of being a successful recruiter
- Uses REC industry research to facilitate discussion
Proactive client development
- Defines a sales call
- Provides a structure for planning and making successful sales calls
- Uses a questionnaire to establish personal selling styles
Adding value to the recruitment process
- Focuses on the process clients work through before a selection decision
- Considers how recruiters add value to this process
Compliance and equality
- Discusses the core principles of Employments Agencies Act
- Also discusses discrimination legislation
- Identifies how to attract and qualify matchable candidates
- Provides a structure to conduct a face to face interview by
- (Can be applied to a telephone interview)
Target Audience details:
- Recruitment Consultants who are new to Recruitment.
- Also resourcers who are either new to recruitment or who wish to become a recruitment consultant.
How learning & understanding will be monitored and assessed during course delivery:
- Trainer support will be provided throughout the programme to enhance learning application.
- Practical (industry relevant) scenarios and discussion groups are used to improve accountability and compile personal and team action plans.
- A questionnaire will be used to establish individual selling styles.
Encouraging learning application:
- Delegate briefing pre-course with line manager using course overview and personal development plan (PDP) as a template.
- Final exercise on the programme will determine if objectives have been met and will identify intended workplace actions.
Completion of Personal Development Plan (PDP) and personal action plan with line manager post course.
The REC would not recommend this course to individuals who have recently attended the Successful Interviewing or either of our Essential Skills programmes.
- Training Booking Form PDF PDF file - 38K
To book, please click on the dates on the left, or call us on 0207 009 2144.