BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
Online bookings are not yet open for 2014 but call 02070092100 to book over the phone for following courses:
30 January London
11 February Birmingham
18 March Newcastle
1 April London
10 June Edinburgh
2 July Leeds
10 July London
11 September Bristol
2 October London
18 November Belfast
27 November Manchester
Duration: One day
Time scale: 9.00 - 5.30
Cost (Excluding VAT): £369 (members) - £595 (non-members)
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course the individual will be able to:
- Establish accurate & comprehensive job requirements from a client to interview against.
- Develop a person specification to include the knowledge and skills required to do the job effectively.
- Match candidates for interview by comparing cvs to job requirements.
- Plan, structure and conduct a bias free interview which gains appropriate candidate information and commitment.
- Make speculative calls on behalf of a candidate to selected clients.
Characteristics of a successful interviewer:
- A short session focusing on the qualities which facilitate a successful interview.
Taking accurate job details:
- Focusing on gathering detailed job information from which to interview.
- Matching exercise.
The interview process:
- Provides a structure to plan and conduct a bias free interview.
- Discusses the dangers of subjectivity and personal bias.
- Considers how to build rapport and gain candidate commitment.
- Discusses how to make candidate marketing calls.
Target Audience details:
- Recruitment Consultants who are new to recruitment.
- Also individuals who need to gain greater commitment from candidates at interview.
How learning & understanding will be monitored and assessed during course delivery:
- Extensive trainer support will be provided to enhance learning application.
- Practical (industry relevant) scenarios, discussion groups and presentations are used to improve accountability and compile personal and team action plans.
- Role play is used to enhance learning.
Encouraging learning application:
- Delegate briefing pre course with line manager using course overview and personal development plan (PDP) as a template.
- Final exercise on the programme will determine if objectives have been met and will identify intended workplace actions.
- Completion of Personal Development Plan (PDP) and personal action plan with line manager post course.
The REC would not recommend this course to individuals who have recently attended the Introduction to Recruitment Practice or either of our Essential Skills programmes.
- Training Booking Form PDF PDF file - 39K
To book, please click on the dates on the left, or call us on 0207 009 2144.