COMPETENCE BASED INTERVIEWING
Online bookings are not yet open for 2014 but call 02070092100 to book over the phone for following courses:
2 April London
14 October London
Time Scales: 9.00 - 5.30
Duration: One day
Cost (excluding VAT): £369 (members) and £595(non-members)
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course the individual will be able to:
- Understand the differences between biographical and competency based interviews & understand how competences are defined, classified & how a competence based model works.
- Write and analyse a competence statement covering specific job related areas.
- Design and develop a well-structured competence based interview using questions to assess a candidate against specific competence areas.
- Practice competence based interview techniques.
The Recruitment Process:
- A background to competence frameworks
- Discusses the benefits of competence based interviewing
Competence Based Interviewing – The Principles:
- Considers the stages needed to conduct a successful competence based interview
- Discusses the importance of being objective and bias free
- Focuses on questioning techniques
- Discusses how to build trust and rapport throughout the process
Working With Competences:
- Discusses the formulation of competence frameworks
- Develops competencies for specific roles
- Interviews against these competencies
Target Audience details:
- Experienced consultants and managers who wish to gain insight into the process of competency interviewing.
- Consultants and managers who wish to sell competence based interviewing to clients.
How learning & understanding will be monitored and assessed during course delivery:
- Extensive trainer support will be provided to enhance learning application
- Practical (industry relevant) scenarios, discussion groups and presentations are used to improve accountability and compile personal and team action plans.
- Role play is used to practice competence based interviewing.
Encouraging learning application:
- Delegate briefing pre course with line manager using course overview and personal development plan (PDP) as a template.
- Final exercise on the programme will determine if objectives have been met and will identify intended workplace actions.
- Completion of Personal Development Plan (PDP) and personal action plan with line manager post course.
- Training Booking Form PDF PDF file - 39K
To book, please click on the dates on the left, or call us on 0207 009 2100.