THE BALANCING ACT
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
This is the last scheduled date for 2013, priced at £650+VAT (members) and £875+VAT (non-members)
- 27-28 November (Leeds)
Online bookings are not yet open for 2014 but call 02070092100 to book over the phone for following courses:
4-5 March Birmingham
7-8 May London
16-17 July Manchester
22-23 October London
9-10 December Leeds
Duration: Two days
Time scale: 9.00 - 5.30
Cost (Excluding VAT): £679 (members) and £895 (non-members)
What it's all about:
A successful leader inspires and gains commitment from their team. They motivate their sales team to generate new business and yet can still manage their own revenue stream.
To get the best from your teams, attendance of this programme is a must.
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course the individual will be able to:
- Understand the leadership qualities and responsibilities of an effective manager and be able to project authority and approachability.
- Identify and manage performance via effective communication and feedback techniques.
- Effectively manage time by delegating specific and appropriate tasks to gain immediate results.
- Identify time wasters, delegate appropriate tasks and prioritise own workload and that of the team.
- Identify and manage personal and team behaviour to ensure a productive and profitable working relationship.
- Applies a definition to management
- Considers the qualities of an effective manager / leader
- Considers and discusses the “Big 3 D” leadership styles
- Discusses personal behaviour and the effects on others
Managing Time Effectively:
- Establishes time robbers and how to eliminate them
- Discusses prioritisation methodology
Managing & supporting performance:
- Principles of performance management
- Conducting appraisals
- Considers post appraisal support & challenges
- Discusses objective setting
- Focus on mentoring, coaching and counselling poor performance
- Considers and practices giving constructive feedback
Motivating your team:
- How and why motivate
- Reviews behavioural characteristics and how to motivate each style
Target Audience details:
- Recruitment Consultants who are planning to move into a team leader role.
- Team leaders who still have fee earning responsibility.
- Managers / team leaders who have had little or no formal training.
The REC would not recommend this course to individuals who have recently attended the New Manager programme
How learning & understanding will be monitored and assessed during course delivery:
Extensive trainer support will be provided to enhance learning application.
Practical (industry relevant) exercises, discussion groups and presentations are used to improve accountability and compile personal and team action plans.
- Questionnaires are used to assess personal behaviours.
- Role-play will be used to practice feedback techniques.
Encouraging learning application:
- Delegate briefing pre course with line manager using course overview and personal development plan (PDP) as a template.
- Final exercise on the programme will determine if objectives have been met and will identify intended workplace actions.
- Completion of Personal Development Plan (PDP) and personal action plan with line manager post course.
- Training Booking Form PDF PDF file - 39K
To book, please click on the dates on the left, or call us on 0207 009 2144.