MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Duration: Two days
Time Scale: 9.00 - 5.30
Cost (Excluding VAT): £650 (members) - £875 (non-members)
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course the individual will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of strategic management and be able to develop an organisational culture which has focus, clear goals and is forward thinking.
- Understand personal behaviour and the impact it has on team motivation, performance and commitment.
- Manage problems, poor performance and conflict ensuring a mutually beneficial and negotiated outcome which facilitates individuals to achieve their potential.
- Recognise and effectively deal with personal and team stressors to ensure a consistent and productive working environment.
- Communicate effectively at all levels to ensure that direction is clear, understandable and actioned.
- Understand the need for change within organisations and be able to apply change management techniques which gain team support and facilitates the business to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Discusses the concept of strategic management thinking.
- Considers developing a vision.
- Focuses on successfully driving the business forward.
Introduction to emotional intelligence:
- Discusses the importance of Emotional Intelligence (EI) in management.
- Considers how to become more self aware.
- Focuses on how to deal with stress & conflict using EI.
- Discusses how to effectively and productively communicate in a variety of different management situations.
- Considers how to manage team motivation to work towards a common goal.
- Discusses the importance of change Considers how to implement change successfully.
Target Audience details:
- Existing managers who have some experience of leading a team and who are aware of the challenges of creating growth through people rather than solely through their own personal activity.
- Also ideal for those who have attended “Introduction to Management” or “The Balancing Act”.
How learning & understanding will be monitored and assessed during course delivery:
- Extensive trainer support will be provided to enhance learning application.
- Practical (industry & sales management relevant) scenarios, discussion groups and presentations are used to improve accountability and compile personal and team action plans.
- Questionnaires are used to assess personal.
- Emotional Intelligence levels.
Encouraging learning application:
- Delegate briefing pre course with line manager using course overview and personal development plan (PDP) as a template.
- Final exercise on the programme will determine if objectives have been met and will identify intended workplace actions.
Completion of Personal Development Plan (PDP) and personal action plan with line manager post course.
- Training Booking Form PDF PDF file - 38K
To book, please click on the dates on the left, or call us on 0207 009 2100.